Do it for the 'gram
Instagram has finally done what no social media platform has done. Monetize likes.
This move takes one-click shopping, "shoppable" feeds and influencer marketing to a whole new level. With this new feature, shoppers don't even have to leave the app.
According to sources like Hootsuite, Instagram current boast the following stats:
- 22% of all Instagram users log in at least once a day
- 1 Billion people use the service every single month
- 4.2 billion post are "Liked" every day
- 500 million people use Stories everyday
- 80% of users follow at least ONE business
Shopping on Instagram used to take shoppers to external links but that all can now be done within the app (including shipment and delivery notifications).
For shoppers, this goes beyond the convenience factor for purchases. These platforms have always traditionally always played the role of "town square" where merchants and shoppers could engage and learn more about products and services offered.
This latest feature attempts to bridge the discovery and purchasing cycle.
Unless you are selling...
- Illegal, Prescription, or Recreational Drugs
- Tobacco Products and Related Paraphernalia
- Unsafe Supplements
- Weapons, Ammunition or Explosives
- Adult Products & Services
- Healthcare Products
- Read more here
You should be on this platform!
Instagram Starter Tips
- Reward for engagement. Nothing beats user generated content in terms of authenticity.
- Start scheduling post 2-4 weeks out the first time (Huge time saver)
- Have a mix between profession shots of your products and some community submissions
- Show some customer stories
- Use a mix of live sessions and video recording to engage your community
- Reach out to others for partnerships (Complementary brands are amazing to share audiences)
Right now, the program is still currently in beta. Learn more here.